Tuesday, November 27, 2007

McLeish Out in Scotland; Henry Out for Barcelona

Two breaking news pieces:

Alex McLeish has quit as Scotland manager. McLeish was in line for a job at Birmingham in the Premier League, and reportedly the Scottish FA scuttled that opportunity, apparently to McLeish's chagrin.

and...

Thierry Henry's aching back and sore groin will keep him on the sidelines today as Barcelona travels to Lyon in the Champions League.

More on McLeish from Granite City, Dave Hill, and Caught Offside.

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Mark McDonald said...

Thanks for linking to me.

I would simply reiterate what I have said in my blog.

McLeish has gone too soon, and ought to have waited until his stock had risen further.

I hope he is successful at Birmingham, but I have big doubts.